Stages of Massage Healing
There are four main stages of healing through massage: relief, correction, strengthening, and maintenance.
The first few sessions of massage therapy will be aimed to relieve pain, reduce muscle tension and relax stressed nerves. The relief sessions are aimed at the symptoms of the problem.
When the pain is gone, the therapist will work on the problem that caused the pain. Techniques will be aimed at stimulating your lymphatic system and freeing knotted and scarred muscle fibers.
Strengthening is important in a badly damaged area. Weakness at the injury site can mean recurring problems. Techniques will be aimed at strengthening the tissues near the injury enabling them to provide adequate support when the injury is healed.
Maintenance is the final stage in healing and the first step in preventing other injuries. Maintenance techniques are aimed at treating the problem and preventing the occurrence of new problems.
Types of massages:
- Cranio-sacral therapy can help increase the body's resistance to particular diseases such as: Orthopedic and stress related problems, disorders including post-traumatic stress, fibromyalgia, TMJ, infantile, some connective tissue, neuro-vascular and immune, injuries of the brain and spinal cord, migraine headaches, emotional difficulties, neck and back pain, autism, scoliosis, and certain learning disabilities
- Deep tissue massage is a style of massage that is designed to get into the connective tissue of the body. Helping relieve tension root in deep muscle pain.
- Lymph Massage is a type of massage, which is designed to promote the healthy flow of lymph, the clear fluid that supports immune system it eliminates blockages in the lymphatic system.
- Reflexology is pleasant and soothing, and it relaxes the body, with each person responding in a unique way. Helping to relieve pain associated with migraine, sinus problems, breathing disorders, digestive problems, circulatory problems, back problems, tension, and stress.
- Shiatsu is a deeply relaxing experience and regular Shiatsu sessions help to prevent the build-up of stress in our daily lives. Helps alleviate the pain associated with a wide range of conditions it can also assist an individual with their self-development and self healing; balancing the underlying causes of a condition.
- Sports Massage is a special form of massage and is typically used before, during, and after athletic events. The massage is to prepare the athlete for peak performance, to drain away fatigue, to relieve swelling, to reduce muscle tension, to promote flexibility and to prevent injuries.
- Swedish massage is used to increase the oxygen flow in the blood and release toxins from the muscles. Swedish massage shortens recovery time from muscular strain by flushing the tissues of lactic acid, uric acid, and other metabolic wastes.
- Trigger point therapy is to eliminate pain and to re-educate the muscles into pain-free habits. After several treatments, the swelling and stiffness of neuromuscular pain is reduced, range of motion is increased, tension is relieved, and circulation, flexibility and coordination are improved.